Bogus "No visible menu items can render content" when a dashboard is the default menu item

Again, not sure if you’ll be able to reproduce by just replicating the steps that cause the issue for me

Reproduction Instructions

• I have a project ProjectA (among others) which is a subproject of ParentProject.
  • I created a Dashboard, called “Dashboard A” (all names are fictional here)
  • I created a query in Maniphest that searches for open issues with a given tag and saved it as “Certain Tasks”
  • From the query results, I clicked on “Use results” -> “Add to Dashboard” and added it to Dashboard A.

So now I can see Dashboard A which has one panel with the results from the query Certain Tasks.

• Now I went to Project A -> Manage -> Edit menu -> Add new menu item -> Dashboard…
  • created a menu entry called “My Tasks” with the dashboard Dashboard A
  • Made it the default.

Now, if I go to the project ProjectA, I can see the item “My Tasks” in the menu, and if I click it, it opens the dashboard as expected.

However:

• I go to the ParentProject
  • on the right, under Subprojects, there’s the child project ProjectA listed. I click on that

Expected: should open the abovementioned dashboard because that’s the default menu item.

Observed: this stupid error message:

No Content
No visible menu items can render content.

This makes absolutely no sense. Why does the exact same item work as expected if I click it from the menu, but if I access it by going to the “default” item of the project (which should open the exact same menu item", it says that it can’t render content??

Phabricator/Arcanist Version
Output from Config > Version Information or arc version.
phabricator

09d86c2d2031f171968395d7f91c34fb428781a1 (Mon, Sep 23)

arcanist

3cdfe1fff806d2b54a2df631cf90193e518f42b7 (Thu, Sep 5)

phutil

f51f1b3f72b50246949d0917239ca84f39ec7a54 (Mon, Sep 2)

php

7.2.8-1+0~20180725113345.2+jessie~1.gbp571e56

diff

3.3 at /usr/bin/diff

git

2.1.4 at /usr/bin/git

hg

3.1.2 at /usr/bin/hg

pygmentize

2.0.1 at /usr/bin/pygmentize

svn

Not Available