Code block bad colors

This is a letter send by phab.enlightenment.org and I don’t know it’s version.
The issues is that phabricator defines background but leaves foreground undefined for code blocks, so it look bad in dark themed MUA.

This report does not include reproduction instructions, so I’m not sure how to reproduce it.

Phabricaor’s “Dark Mode” does not produce this rendering:

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.03.17 AM

I don’t know what a “dark themed MUA” is. Googling for MUA gets me “Make Up Artist” or “Mail User Agent”, neither of which make any sense to me in this context.

When reporting a bug, please include reproduction instructions. For this issue, I am guessing the instructions include steps like “Use specific browser X” and “adjust browser setting Y to force the page to render in some browser-specific dark mode”. If so, this is not a bug in Phabricator. You may have more luck reporting it to the maintainer of the specific mode you’re using.

Oh, I think you do actually mean “Mail User Agent”? And by “letter” you mean “email”?

I still don’t know how to reproduce this issue: which specific mail client are you using? How have you configured it?

Because nearly zero users read mail with a terminal-based (?), dark-mode, HTML-rendering mail client (perhaps only you), I am unlikely to make changes to the software to accommodate this use case until I learn that more users are impacted. In the meantime, you could use “Email Format > HTML Email” to disable HTML email in Settings. This will make Phabricator send you plain text email, which should render properly in different color schemes.

do* actually mean “Mail User Agent”? And by “letter” you mean “email”?

Yep. Yep.

Switching to plaintext is a workaround and not a solution. I want HTML formatted letters.

I am unlikely to make changes to the software to accommodate this use case until I learn that more users are impacted.

How does this relate to the issue?

how to reproduce this issue

Just write a message with code block (in backticks) and receive it by e-mail.

MUA is Thunderbird with GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark or gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true in .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini's [Settings] section
+

browser.in-content.dark-mode=true
widget.chrome.allow-gtk-dark-theme=true
widget.content.allow-gtk-dark-theme=true
reader.color_scheme.values=dark

But, in fact you don’t need to reproduce this issue to fix it. Just both foreground and background colors must be defined together. There is no promise that default bg is white and fg is black. No standard specifies this. You can’t rely on this.

Similar nginx issue for example.