Configure additional common env variables

We are currently moving our Phabricator installation to a managed server of our new hosting partner. On their system, all calls of Phabricator to git fail with the error No user exists for uid 1003.

This appears to happen, because in phabricators proc_open call the env variable “USER=username” is not present. Since they haven’t been able to sort this out on their end yet, I wondered if you are willing to offer a configuration option to specify additional ENV variables similar to environment.append-paths. Or if you have another suggestion on how to fix this issue let me know, but it appears to me that it would be the simplest way to just provide the USER env variable to git.

I wondered if you are willing to offer a configuration option to specify additional ENV variables similar to environment.append-paths .

No, we will not add options to work around issues we can’t reproduce in unorthodox environments. See https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/installation_guide/ and the recommendation that you install and run the software on “a normal computer”.

You’re welcome to modify the software to run in this environment.