Problem: Error “Dangerous change protection is enabled for this repository” continues even after “Dangerous change protection” disabled in GUI.
- I recently migrated my Phabricator to a new machine.
- Repos started having strange behavior - that they would update the files (I.e. pushing new files, and then cloning the repo showed the new files there), but the WebUI would not know or show the new files (or any other repo change.)
- I fixed this by adding a “phabricator.base-uri” to the local.json config file.
NOW, when I try to do a
git push origin master --force, I get a “Dangerous changes disabled” error message, even though Dangerous changes has subsequently been allowed via the GUI.
- I did try disallowing dangerous changes, updating the repo, and then re-allowing dangerous changes again. It did not work.
- I did try updating the repo from the command line using
/bin/repository update reponame --trace… which appears to have run successfully, but the Dangerous Changes is still disallowed.
Phabricator Version Information
Library Version Date Branchpoint
phabricator d0f4554dbeb0 Feb 24 2020
arcanist 5451d2875221 Feb 27 2020
Other Version Information
Binary Version Path
php 5.6.40 apache2handler
diff 3.3 /usr/bin/diff
git 126.96.36.199 /usr/bin/git
hg Not Available
pygmentize Not Available
svn Not Available
Unfortunately, there’s no error message. It just fails to recognize the change of state.
Thanks for any hep you can give!