OBVIOUSLY I’m not sure you’ll be able to reproduce by just following these steps. However this is what I did, on a recent install of Phabricator where I created a few projects, a few repositories, one single user (the admin, i.e. me) and little more.
- I went to Maniphest->Open Tasks
- I clicked on “Edit query” on the top-right
- I added a tag to the query
- I clicked Search
- I clicked Save Query and saved the query with a name
I did this because I wanted to try using the query later in some places, like as a menu item in a project or something like that (I’m still trying to get familiar with Phabricator)
As a result of this, for some reason, this saved query became the default one that would open whenever I went to Maniphest: that is, I would click on Maniphest in the main menu and this would systematically lead to the page with the results for this newly created and saved query. That is stupid and it’s a bug in itself, but it’s not the bug I’m reporting here. Hear me on.
- To correct this, I went to Maniphest -> Edit Queries
- Here I found that I can edit the list of queries that show up in the left panel of the screen when I go to Maniphest; so, besides changing the default, I thought I would also reorder them and disable the ones that I don’t use
- So, I set the “Open Tasks” query as default (instead of the one I created earlier that had become the default for no reason)
- Then I click on the “x” to disable the “Authored” query. Note: I tried to disable the “Authored” query. I don’t even know what that query is but if it has an “x” button to disable it I assume I can disable it. I know it has no relation whatsoever with the other query that I created before that I told you about, but I don’t know if the issue would reproduce if I didn’t do that before, even though apparently unrelated.
Here’s where I clicked:
(oh this is fucking stupid, “new users can only put one image in a post”. Well hopefully this is not so necessary; if my report is less clear because of this, blame this idiotic limitation, not me)
And this is the error I got:
Output from Config > Version Information or
09d86c2d2031f171968395d7f91c34fb428781a1 (Mon, Sep 23)
3cdfe1fff806d2b54a2df631cf90193e518f42b7 (Thu, Sep 5)
f51f1b3f72b50246949d0917239ca84f39ec7a54 (Mon, Sep 2)
3.3 at /usr/bin/diff
2.1.4 at /usr/bin/git
3.1.2 at /usr/bin/hg
2.0.1 at /usr/bin/pygmentize