High Latency Observed with Phabricator Clustering

Hi All,
I’m configuring a multi-node clustered setup of Phabricator with hosts in both North America and Western Europe. The database and repository clustering have been successfully established, although any cluster operations (e.g., repository clones via SSH and viewing repositories in diffusion via HTTP) which require coordination from the EU node consistently exhibit 5-10 seconds of latency. Due to the operational implications of this performance I have some questions:

Questions:
Is it possible to de-prioritize requests routed to specific hosts in a cluster (i.e., to assign a given priority)? Currently these operations do not complete until there is acknowledgement from all cluster members which is very slow.

Cluster hosts were set by running bin/config set cluster.addresses [‘list’, ‘of’, ‘addresses’] from the phabricator CLI on all hosts in the cluster. Are there known possible common configuration settings which could contribute such observed latent connections?

I’m going to lock this topic because it may mislead users about how clustering works. In particular, this statement is not accurate:

Currently these operations do not complete until there is acknowledgement from all cluster members which is very slow.

Feel free to repost this topic without misinformation. For example, observations (like “requests take a long time to complete in my environment”) are fine, but incorrect assertions about behavior (like “requests take a long time to complete because they are round-tripped to Mars”) are not.