How do you relate to UI/UX revitalization with Vuetify?

There seems a lot of room for UI/UX improvement in Phabricator, just look at these long width fields.

Recently, I became very confident using Vuetify to produce one-screen interfaces: you can imagine form that fits the screen and has everything needed. Another major change would be to utilize markdown-it for rendering content (wiki, maniphest tasks, etc.; also look at advantages brought with its extensions, including interactive elements), preserving all Remarkup content links recognition (perhaps make separate components for these, so one can customize them with the power of Vue+Vuetify).

But I wonder whether it will get support at least from community. :heart: So since it’s the single place I can really ask and get response, I want your opinion, folks.

1 Like

This sounds like a really good solution to the problem of fields being too wide. This is one of the most serious problems in Phabricator and I just haven’t been able to fix it despite agreeing that it is a serious problem and making many attempts to fix it myself, but I’ve never thought to try using Vue + Vuetify.

Rewriting the entire Phabricator frontend in Vuetify sounds great – I’d encourage you to give it a shot!

1 Like

Why thanks! These words warm me up, Evan. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Maybe I even can produce something in near months. :thinking: :nerd_face:

@epriestley can you please point me onto better way for realization of such rewrite?

Regarding it, I think I’ll come with writing application from scratch and utilizing Conduit API. What is approximate percentage of needed functional, that is present in current Phabricator frontend, I can implement solely with this API?

Close to 100%.

1 Like

Ah, cool-cool and convenient! :smile: 'Cuz such rewrite seems opinionated anyway, so it would be a complete mess if I extended upon existing repository. Honestly, when you put it like that, my hands started itching to try the thing out. :smirk_cat:

Alright, so, here’s appetizer logo of Vuephab, new gateway to Phabricator :sweat_smile:

Subscribe to https://github.com/vuephab/vuephab to stay tuned!

1 Like

Hm, I don’t see menu and settings API in conduit, is it not implemented? What will you suggest to integrate general, personal menus and SSH Public Keys (the most high-level and portable) from Phabricator’s databases in external application? We can move this discussion there

Prominent header and scroll-responsive breadcrumbs, more to go! :wink:
Dqn7boqjtd

1 Like

Update: Top bar design

5D1JI8LBVx

What do you think? :grin: