How to ignore `refs/notes` in DIffusion?

At my organization we push committed changes to production as soon as possible. Usually every commit is deployed to the server immediately. Every deployment creates two git notes and removes one at the end. These git notes are filling up the ‘Recent Activity’ section of our Phabricator installation.

The ‘Recent Activity’ section is showing three git note related commit for each deployment, which usually happens after every commit.

How can I ask diffusion to ignore the refs/notes/* refs? The repository is configured to track only master, deploy, and regexp(/^feature/) branches.

This is https://secure.phabricator.com/T11314, which was never finalized.
There’s just no support for this now, but T11335 shows a local patch someone did to their install (for Observed repositories).

Is your repository Hosted on Phabricator or Observed?

Your use-case of using notes as a global lock/bulletin board is probably not something the git gods considered. I’d probably spin up a DB service for this instead.
Or maybe use another repo (or the staging repo) for the notes, and disable all notices from this new repo?

Thank you @avivey. I will try the patch.

My repository is observed by Phabricatator, not hosted.

Your use-case of using notes as a global lock/bulletin board is probably not something the git gods considered.

The advantage of our approach is that the deployment history is also available within the repository.