In our projects, we would like to use something conventional commit.
There are some script around to check if the commit respect the convention:
I would tend to prefer the sailr bash script. I wanted to play around with the
script-and-regex.script, but it seems that this will only check diff files, not the commit message.
Is there anything existing in arcanist to review the commit message, and potentially refuse the
arc diff if the commit message linters returns an error? If not, is there any place in arcanist source code to hook something?
Put this check in arcanist is the real good place for such feature! Some may propose other solutions:
- add a local git pre-commit hook. Cons:
- it should be add on every developer machine
- developer may want to have some ugly WIP commit message during development
- setup a remote pre-commit hook
- it is too late, this check must append before code review
I am quite surprised such linter does not already exists in arcanist.