Is it possible to start new daemon directly with standard daemon?

Hello

I develop a new daemon to preregister user from our AD so as to attribute rights before waiting the first connection.

There is a way to start daemon with phd start directly ? To avoid using phd launch and keep working the auto restart based linux service that use phd start/stop

Thanks

There’s no way to do it through configuration. You can modify these lines in PhabricatorDaemonManagementWorkflow if you don’t mind maintaining a small fork:

$daemons = array(
      array(
        'class' => 'PhabricatorRepositoryPullLocalDaemon',
        'label' => 'pull',
      ),
      array(
        'class' => 'PhabricatorTriggerDaemon',
        'label' => 'trigger',
      ),
      array(
        'class' => 'PhabricatorFactDaemon',
        'label' => 'fact',
      ),
      array(
        'class' => 'PhabricatorTaskmasterDaemon',
        'label' => 'task',
        'pool' => PhabricatorEnv::getEnvConfig('phd.taskmasters'),
        'reserve' => idx($options, 'reserve', 0),
      ),
    );

Very old versions of Phabricator supported direct configuration of which daemons should launch, but this was a source of confusion and almost never had legitimate use cases so it was removed years ago to simplify things.

After upcoming changes in https://secure.phabricator.com/T13561 you will likely be able to implement this kind of task without implementing a separate daemon (instead, you could implement a task generator which generates a new task once every hour).

Today, you can sort of accomplish this by either implementing a GarbageCollector that just runs a periodic task, or by attaching a WorkerTrigger with an hourly PhabricatorMetronomicTriggerClock to some application object, but both of these approaches are probably quite a bit messier than implementing a daemon.

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

I already maintained a fork but i want to keep the fork for only developments they can not be in the extension module. And i keep Fork and Extension completely independent.

May be re-add configuration for choosing daemon :rofl: