Linter error during arc diff

I’m having an issue with arc diff where it fails on running one particular linter (eslint, specifically, using pinterest-linters) but the command that arcanist is running for that linter succeeds when I run it independently. Trace gives me

- CommandException: Command failed with error #1!
      COMMAND
      eslint --format=json --no-color --resolve-plugins-relative-to ./js_modules/dagit "~\elementl\dagster\js_modules\dagit\src\scripts\DownloadSchema.ts"

STDOUT
      (empty)

STDERR
      Call to "proc_open()" to open a subprocess failed: proc_open(): CreateProcess failed, error code - 2 at [<arcanist>\src\lint\engine\ArcanistLintEngine.php:264]
arcanist(head=master, ref.master=41774ba9cceb), pinterest-linters(head=master, ref.master=d6a2d851d455)
  #0 <#2> ExecFuture::raiseResultError called at [<arcanist>\src\future\exec\ExecFuture.php:313]
  #1 <#2> ExecFuture::resolvex called at [<arcanist>\src\lint\linter\ArcanistExternalLinter.php:448]
  #2 <#2> ArcanistExternalLinter::resolveFuture called at [<arcanist>\src\lint\linter\ArcanistFutureLinter.php:35]
  #3 <#2> ArcanistFutureLinter::didLintPaths called at [<arcanist>\src\lint\engine\ArcanistLintEngine.php:595]
  #4 <#2> ArcanistLintEngine::executeDidLintOnPaths called at [<arcanist>\src\lint\engine\ArcanistLintEngine.php:546]
  #5 <#2> ArcanistLintEngine::executeLintersOnChunk called at [<arcanist>\src\lint\engine\ArcanistLintEngine.php:474]
  #6 <#2> ArcanistLintEngine::executeLinters called at [<arcanist>\src\lint\engine\ArcanistLintEngine.php:206]
  #7 ArcanistLintEngine::run called at [<arcanist>\src\workflow\ArcanistLintWorkflow.php:219]
  #8 ArcanistLintWorkflow::run called at [<arcanist>\src\workflow\ArcanistDiffWorkflow.php:1167]
  #9 ArcanistDiffWorkflow::runLint called at [<arcanist>\src\workflow\ArcanistDiffWorkflow.php:1129]
  #10 ArcanistDiffWorkflow::runLintUnit called at [<arcanist>\src\workflow\ArcanistDiffWorkflow.php:365]
  #11 ArcanistDiffWorkflow::run called at [<arcanist>\scripts\arcanist.php:419]

but when I run

eslint --format=json --no-color --resolve-plugins-relative-to ./js_modules/dagit “~\elementl\dagster\js_modules\dagit\src\scripts\DownloadSchema.ts”

straight from terminal, it runs fine.

edit – it was an issue with my dev environment (competing eslint installs)

EDIT EDIT: nvm, now that command succeeds once and fails the next time

Figured out the cause – was an issue with how I was rebasing that caused my diff size to jump massively