Phriction Page controls lost after creating very wide table

Observed Behavior:
When creating a very wide table with Remarkup, the page controls to edit pages are lost off the right of the remarkup view, rendering the page un-editable, unless you have the edit URL in your history.

Expected Behavior:
Either implement a horizontal scroll on the remarkup view, or place the page controls outside of the remarkup frame, so they are never lost from view.

Preferably both of these could be done, so that we can see wide tables, but have instant access to page controls as well.

Phabricator Version:
dfcca12ea6325c8e42ec9073d6e210d12e248e5b

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create a new phriction page
  2. Add a table in remarkup with several columns.
  3. Add content to the columns until the table is wider than the remarkup view on your monitor (with zoom at 100%)
  4. Save the page
  5. When viewing the page, you should see the left most part of the table in the remarkup view, and no page control buttons should be visible

Sample page showing the issue (data redacted)

Other pages on the same instance do show page controls appropriately, so I believe its only an issue with very wide remarkup. (I can’t post a second picture to demonstrate).

Note that the setup warning is to remind me to start the notification daemon, which shouldn’t be relevant here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help reproduce etc.

Out of general curiosity, is this the kind of table described in https://secure.phabricator.com/T13158, where one column is something like “Task” (or some other object in Phabricator) and the other columns are metadata for those objects?

See https://secure.phabricator.com/D19723 for a likely fix.

We use the table to track the state of testing against various physical hardware that one of our software projects manages, its a little unwieldy but its a good place to direct people to look if they want to know whether the box they have in their hand will work with the product in question.

D19723 looks like a perfect fix, I look forward to trying it out!

Thanks Evan!