When a global menu item is restricted to logged-in users, logged-out users won’t see it in the menu. Great!
However, http://myphab/ shows the first global menu item, ignoring the restriction. An error is always shown. Boo!
http://myphab/ should show the first menu item accessible by the current user, skipping any they don’t have access to.
phabricator d61944e97b4eee8be91657cd613ffcc030dcf441 (Fri, Nov 23)
- Log in as admin.
- Enable public access.
- Create an empty dashboard A. Set visibility to “all users”. Install in global menu in first position.
- Create an empty dashboard B. Set visibility to “public”. Install in global menu in second position.
- Log out
- Navigate to http://myphab/
Expect to see an empty dashboard B, but actually see a permissions error for dashboard A.
I want to set up a global menu that starts
- [user dashboard (all users)]
- [global dashboard (public)]
so that logged-in users see their own reviews etc, and logged-out users see global state instead.
This almost works - the menu looks right, but logged out users get an error when navigating to /.